SALUTATIONS

For more of the MEDIOCRE and the MACABRE, subscribe and be AMAZED!

Karnas TickroBlog

Tuesday, 6 May 2008

Things You Did Not Know About The Author: Article #3

Things You Did Not Know About The Author's Heritage

Due to a suprising amount of requests, I will explain my geneaology.

My heritage is, on the surface, tricky. Many think that I am of African-American descent, Puerto Rican descent, I've even been called some nasty words normally reserved for people of Asian descent. The truth is: I am Maori.

You may ask, "what is Maori?". The answer is: an indigenous peoples commonly found in New Zealand. That, however, is on my father's side of the family. From my mother's side, I am Polish and English. I can chew bubblegum and walk at the same time. My mother cannot. She is also blonde.

My mother's father's family, line of Polish dukes from Sanok, escaped from Poland during some point early last century because some other country was invading. This seems to be the case throughout history. My grandfather is an entrepreneuer and former litigator. He also single-handedly escaped the Pukchin mining POW camp during the Korean War and once ate a 20 oz steak. I believe everything he says.

My mother's mother's family can be traced back to England where, during the feudal ages, they probably made yarn and thread and twine. My grandmother, Ruth, was a voracious reader. This is most likely where I get my extreme near-sightedness and aptitude for migraines.

My father's family are Maori New Zealanders from the South Island, mainly around Christchurch. As most of children are born to teen mothers (as is tradition), my great-great grandparents are still alive. They are just turning 50 this year.

That is all.

No comments: